Ask a question
On 13th June 2004 I was elected as the Member of the European Parliament in one of the most important regions in Poland - Wielkopolska.
During the election campaign I offered the constituents a partnership. I have a crucial knowledge and experience in the area of international politics. I share understanding for people and mechanisms of the European Union and many times have I proved good negotiation skills. I want to represent Wielkopolska with pride and make the process of integration as much rewarding for the region as possible.
My mission in the European Parliament is to continue my previous activities in the international field: e.g. the position of the General Secretary of the World Confederation of Labour, the first Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary and Head of the Representation of the Republic of Poland to the European Communities and the Chief Negotiator of Poland’s accession to the European Union.
My priorities during this parliamentary term are:
• Promoting the Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe
• Promoting the Lisbon Strategy
• Enhancing communication between citizens and the European Institutions
• Opening the labour markets of the old Member States for the citizens from the new Member States
• Improving the situation of the Wielkopolska region and Poland in the European Union
For further information on my activities, as well as information about Poznan and the Wielkopolska Region please visit: www.jankulakowski.pl.
With European regards,